Naturopathy Services in Surrey
Naturopathy is a healthcare system that focuses on using natural remedies and treatments to promote healing and prevent illness. Naturopathic doctors (NDs) work with patients to address the underlying causes of illness, rather than simply treating symptoms, and to promote the body's natural ability to heal itself.
The Six Fundamentals of Naturopathy
- The healing power of nature: Naturopathy recognizes the body's innate ability to heal itself, and works to support and stimulate this natural healing process.
- Identify and treat the root cause: Naturopathic doctors work to identify and address the underlying causes of illness, rather than simply treating symptoms.
- Do no harm: Naturopathy emphasizes the use of safe and non-invasive treatments to minimize the risk of harm to the patient.
- Treat the whole person: Naturopathic doctors consider the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual aspects of a person's health when developing treatment plans.
- Doctor as teacher: Naturopathic doctors educate and empower patients to take an active role in their own health and healing.
- Prevention is key: Naturopathy emphasizes the importance of prevention through healthy lifestyle choices and early intervention.
Common Remedies & Treatments of Naturopathy
Herbal medicine: Naturopathic doctors may use herbal remedies to support the body's natural healing processes.
Nutrition and lifestyle counseling: Naturopathic doctors may provide guidance on healthy eating, exercise, stress management, and other lifestyle factors that can impact health.
Acupuncture: Naturopathic doctors may use acupuncture to stimulate the body's natural healing processes and reduce pain and inflammation.
Homeopathy: Naturopathic doctors may use homeopathic remedies, which are highly diluted substances that stimulate the body's healing mechanisms.
Overall, naturopathy is a healthcare system that emphasizes the use of natural remedies and treatments to support the body's natural healing processes and promote overall health and well-being.
Contact us today to schedule a free 10-minute naturopathy consultation session.